Why Study MBA in Australia
13 September 2021
31 August 2022
Canada is a major attraction for international students. Its hospitable nature makes it the top preference for international students. Universities in Canada are highly diverse, and students can learn a lot by being around people of different cultures.
Canada has courses for almost every field and offers excellent job opportunities. Many students want to study in Canada because of this reputation. Universities of Canada have a good ranking and are preferred by companies worldwide. But students aspiring to study in Canada have a common question, “Is IELTS required for Canada?”.
Many top universities and colleges give admission without IELTS. Many universities or colleges also provide a waiver on IELTS by seeing marks in English in previous academic years.
International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) globalised test that proves the English proficiency of the student. Candidates can give IELTS in two modes; online and offline. However, the format of both methods is the same. The offline mode allows students to choose from a paper pen test or a computer test. Whereas, online mode is given on computer by sitting at home. The paper contains 4 modules; reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Every Canadian university provides the IELTS score requirement, but it is not mandatory to give IELTS. Various universities offer admission without IELTS by considering marks in English subjects during the previous academic years. One needs proper research and counselling to enter Canada's universities without appearing for IELTS.
Other than IELTS, many universities in Canada accept alternative English proficiency tests. These tests are TOEFL, PTE, and CELPIP. But here are a few points that can help you get into your desired university without appearing for IELTS.
Having an English proficiency certificate: this certificate should be issued by a previous academic institution to the student. This certificate proves that a student's last education was in the English language
By submitting proof that the student is from an English-speaking country: It can be a secondary language too
By submitting scores of other English proficiency tests
Canada is home to some prestigious universities. Every university has different requirements for application. Be it a master's or bachelor's course in Canada, here's is list of universities that give admission without the IELTS exam:
1. University Canada West: It is a private university in British Columbia; it has a 5-star rating. One can study various programs there. It offers master's and bachelor's admission without the IELTS exam. If you're a business enthusiast, this university should be your choice. It has business management courses like MBA, Bcom, BA in Business communication etc.
2. Conestoga College: The college is a leader in polytechnic education and provides admissions without IELTS. One can choose to study at Conestoga college if one wants to pursue engineering in Canada. The college is well known for its career-focused education and research-oriented programs. To study at Conestoga college, one must have at least 65% marks in 12th in secondary education.
3. University of Winnipeg: It is a renowned public university in Manitoba, Canada, known for its business and economics courses. This university doesn't require IELTS, but one has to prove their English proficiency in one of the following ways:
C1 advanced C2 proficiency, these are Cambridge English assessments.
Canadian Academic English Language Test
Pearson Test of English
English Language Program at Winnipeg
4. St Lawrence College: It is a private institution of applied arts and technology in Ontario. The college accepts applications without IELTS; one can prove their English proficiency through academics. The college tops the list of research-oriented institutes in Canada. The college spread into three campuses along the beautiful St. Lawrence River. The college offers different healthcare, engineering, arts, management and information technology courses.
5. University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC): It is a public and research-intensive university in British Columbia. The acceptance rate of UNBC is relatively high as it accepts nearly 70-75% of applications. As of 2021, the university is in 2nd position in Canada.
UNBC accepts applications without IELTS too. A student can show English proficiency through exams like Duolingo and TOEFL or get a waiver if they have more than 70% marks in English subjects. One should surely not miss the chance to study at UNBC, as the university has a 96% placement rate.
6. Cambrian College: It is a publicly funded college of applied arts and technology in Ontario. The college is famous for its employment rate. It is high because it gives brilliant education through its research-oriented programs. Cambrian College and other Canadian universities have an arrangement that allows overseas students to continue their education at other universities. IELTS and TOEFL are not required to enrol at this college. The university's official website states that the college will evaluate their spoken and written English proficiency after an overseas student arrives on campus.
Canadian Visa interview asks for an IELTS score to know the English proficiency of the applicant or student. If students have applied to a university that accepts applications without IELTS, they can show alternative test scores for visa interviews. These alternative test scores can be TOEFL, Duolingo English Test, CAEL, etc. Apart from this, students can show the result of the English program conducted by their respective universities.
Planning to study in Canada without the IELTS exam? Contact Meridean Overseas Education Consultants (MOEC). Our counsellors can assist you in the application process for a visa application. Contact us at 1800-1230-00011 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
26 September 2023
25 September 2023
23 September 2023
22 September 2023
21 September 2023
19 September 2023