Canada Student Visa

Get in Touch

Canada Student Visa

Canada is one of the top countries in the world to pursue higher education, and thousands of students from all over the world visit each year. Universities in Canada offer a world-class education that is recognized around the world, and research is an important part of each graduate program. Universities provide support to students who come up with the best research ideas, and scholarships are awarded based on their research work. Other reasons to study in Canada include:

  • Education on a Budget
  • Research Opportunities That Are Innovative and Abundant
  • Prospects of Immigration
  • Campus Living is Exciting
  • Community Safety and Health
  • While studying, international students have the opportunity to work and intern.
  • Numerous research opportunities - Universities in this area help students with good research ideas by providing research support.
  • Possibility of immigration once the training is completed - If a candidate chooses to study in Canada, he will earn points in three categories: language, education, and employment. If they are under a specified age bracket, they will receive bonus points. A Canadian education can help you qualify for several immigration programs, such as Express Entry or the Provincial Nominee Program.
  • Campus life is alive and well.
  • International students can work while studying in Canada, thanks to the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which allows international students to gain work experience in Canada after completing their studies at an approved learning facility (DLI). Depending on the length of the study program, the PGWP is valid for three years.
  • Internship possibilities are good

Moreover, Canada offers incentives for international students and graduates to stay, obtain work experience, and contribute to the economy and culture of the country. IRCC runs a Post-Graduate Work Permit Program to keep international students in Canada. International graduates can apply for an open work visa for up to three years under this program. This allows them to work for any Canadian employer in any industry without having to first secure a job offer in Canada.


Qualifications in Education

  • To graduate, you must have a minimum score of 50% from a UGC or AICTE accredited university.
  • The graduation degree must be completed in the period allocated but without a gap year.

During his or her graduation term, the applicant should not have more than ten backlogs.

Stay Back Period in Canada and Work Permit After Graduation

  • To be eligible to return to Canada, a student must enroll in a course for at least 8 months.
  • A student who completes a course in less than 8 months is not eligible to stay or apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit.
  • A student must take one of the following courses to qualify for a post-graduation work permit:
  • If the course is less than two years long, he or she is entitled to a post-graduation work visa for the same length of time as the course.
  • If the student enrolls in a two-year program (master's or diploma), he or she will be eligible for a three-year post-graduation work permit.

Intake in Canada University

Three options are available in Canadian universities and colleges. In certain institutions, they are also called semesters. In Canada, there are three types of intakes:

  • Fall Semester (Intake 1) — This is a popular intake that begins in September.
  • Winter Semester, which begins in January, is the second intake.
  • Summer Semester (Intake 3) — This intake typically begins in April/May and is only accessible for a few programs and universities.

We recommend applying well ahead of the deadline because admissions and scholarships become more difficult as the deadline approaches. It is always possible to apply six to nine months before the start of the academic session.

Work Authorization for Students

Student Applicants

  • Students must be over the age of eighteen to participate.
  • Without a work permit, international students at Canadian institutions can work on-campus or off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during university semesters and full-time during breaks like the winter or summer holidays.
  • Students from outside the United States who are enrolled in a program that includes work experience, such as a co-op or internship.


Spouses are often accorded the same rights as students who have already arrived in Canada. As a result, if a student with a Canadian student visa has the right to work, so does the spouse who comes to join him or her.

Student Visa Requirements

To apply for a CANADA Student Visa, you will need the following documents:

  • Passport with required validity.
  • Certified copies of the tenth, twelfth, and bachelor's degrees
  • 2 academic references – 2 employer references – 2 standard operating procedure (SOP) references (Statement of Purpose)
  • Extracurricular accomplishments certificates
  • Your educational institution's acceptance letter
  • Payment receipts
  • Financial guarantee
  • Photos in passport size
  • Fluency in English
  • Before you submit your application, your university will inform you of any additional requirements.

Student Visa and Dependants

In Canada, a foreign national on a student visa can bring their spouse and dependent children. For the duration of their partner's study visa, the spouse can apply for an open work permit and even work as a Canadian employer. If the spouse wants to study, however, they must apply for a separate study visa. However, Students with dependent children are permitted to enter Canada on a student visa. The children can stay in Canada for as long as their study visa is valid. Minor children are allowed to attend school in the country if their parents are either working or studying. The child must be younger than 22 years old. Dependents are children over the age of 22 who are financially unable to support themselves due to a medical or mental ailment.

Talk to our Study Abroad Experts


  • Monday to Saturday - 8 AM to 9 PM
Get a Quote

Book your video counselling Session