Financial Requirements for Canadian Study Visa | Canada Study Visa Application

Proof of Funds for Canadian Student Visa

Undoubtedly, Canada is one of the most preferred study-abroad destinations for international students. It is home to some of the world's top research-intensive universities and colleges. Moreover, while studying in Canada, international students can also enjoy the country's natural beauty and multicultural environment. Before moving to study in Canada, international students have to apply for a Canadian student visa. 

There are two types of Canadian student visas, SDS and Non-SDS. Also, in order to achieve a Canadian student visa, international students have to fulfill all the financial requirements of the visa. In the SDS category, international students have to pay tuition fees and living expenses for one year in the form of GIC. Whereas in the non-SDS category, international students have to only pay the tuition fee for one semester; though they do not have to pay the living expenses in the form of GIC, but they must show the availability of the funds in their sponsor's bank account. The fund that students have to show in their sponsor's account or their account must be 3 months old. Moreover, students can also show the additional funds in the form of PPF, GPF or PF account, and LIC. 

Moreover, the students who wish to study in Canada may contact our expert counsellors at any branch of Meridean Overseas Education Consultants (MOEC). Our expert counsellors will provide you with the best guidance and support you need to take the admission and visa process. For more information or any queries, you can mail us at application02@meridean.org or call us at our toll-free no. 1800-1230-00011.

Contact MOEC Experts for Study Abroad Guidance!


By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies.